Healthcare Degree

Sunday, June 2, 2013

Hope Summit (3 of 3): My favourites

There were some most memorable moments at this year's Hope Summit. Here are my top 5...

(1) The Hugger & George 
As some people in the group were telling their personal stories with lung cancer one man explained how he hugged everyone during his treatment. He was a very tall man with an even larger heart. George, a 18 year lung cancer survivor, followed shortly after him. As George spoke he lost his words in the weight of what a cancer diagnosis can do to a person - even after 18 years. As George began to tear up so did many others including myself, and someone said "someone give him a hug". You know who stood up? The man who than iconically became known the rest of the weekend as 'The Hugger'.  And everybody in the room came to a roaring clap. That was a beautiful moment in Hope Summit history. 

 
(2) Meeting Jessica
I had been following Jessica's blog for months before finally meeting at Hope Summit. Jessica is only a few years older than I am, and she's been diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer. Please check out her blog at:

(3) Meeting new friends & reconnecting with old ones

(4) Taking the Washington, DC bus trip with other survivors

(5) The inspirational speach made by Dr. Lynne Elderidge on Hope Summit's opening day


 

  

9 comments:

  1. I am a hugger and hug medical techs, staff, doctors ... any one involved with me. Breaking the physical barrier between patient and teammate is important

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of great pictures here. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like it was an eventful gathering. Stay strong!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really neat post, glad you got to connect with so many people!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is so much support here! Wonderful to see.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a great convention! Lots of inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I would be quite alright with being know as "The Hugger", sounds like a great convention!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks like an inspirational event!

    ReplyDelete
  9. GOD has certainly lead me here this hour because before sharing this I prayed he lead me to site where my testimony will become blessing to people lives. I found out 4years ago that I was infected with HIV because I was engaged to a man that i knew I should have never had in my life. Like most of us here the HOLY SPIRIT was warning me but I decided to do what I wanted . He never came out to tell me he had it I just happened to go through some old stuff he left at my house and there some antiviral meds appeared . I got checked and was diagnosed. It instantly felt like agony!!! The enemy tempt me with suicide,depression and all kinds of unhealthy emotion. I was looking for love in all the wrong places and people. The enemy kept speaking to me that my life was over.. But one day I quickly with tears in my eyes prayed to GOD for healing. And GOD showed me a vision that my cure is in nature I woke up prayed over it, gradually I started having passion for herbs then gradually I started using for treatment. One evening I think early February this year after my evening prayer I was on a site on herbal remedies for STD and a page was telling possible cure for herpes, then on peoples comments I saw testimonies of people telling how same DR yakubu have successfully cured them of herpes and he cured all manner of STD including HIV. I copied his contact.. .... That same night in my dream I was in the doctor office and the doctor telling me there’s been a mistake THAT I’M FREE FROM ANY DISEASE in my body. I woke up the next morning and prayed over it then contacted DR YAKUBU who immediately responded to me he talked to me and assured me of permanent cure if I finish taking certain quantity of his meds of which I ordered for immediately and started use. Within few weeks of use I noticed total relieved in my body system then went for a test and was confirmed negative and another test and the result was same. Glory be to GOD who cured me as he promised. God is real and he still saves humans through fellow humans. Reach DR YAKUBU through his e-mail;dryakubuherbalhealingclinic@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Let me know that you have been here, please leave a comment.